This section is for content about the tutorial itself. If you want to get right unto U-SQL, you can skip this section completely.
How to Read this document
Set aside a day or two and just start reading each chapter in sequence. Every chapter introduces a simple topic. Don’t skip ahead. Each chapter builds on the one before it. When you are done with all the chapters you’ll have a good working knowledge of how to use U-SQL.
We'd love to hear it!
Send feedback and ideas about U-SQL or Azure Data Lake to our UserVoice forum: https://aka.ms/adlfeedback
If you need to send suggestions for the U-SQL tutorial document itself, contact email@example.com
We welcome contributions.
If you have an account with GitBooks you can edit the tutorial
Clone the repo
- 2017/08/28 - Updated SqlMap section
- 2017/08/27 - Added a tip for generating ranges of numbers and dates
- 2017/08/27 - Updated SqlArray section
- 2017/08/26 - Fixed a few typos
- 2017/07/23 - Added section on conditionally counting
- 2017/07/18 - Improved sample for CREATE TABLE AS SELECT
- 2017/07/11 - added DEPLOY RESOURCE section
- 2017/07/02 - added string literals
- 2017/07/02 - clarified aggregates
- 2017/07/01 - started initial complex types chapter
- 2017/07/01 - Added chapter on referencing assemblies
- 2017/06/26 - Moved FileSets to its own chapter
- 2017/06/25 - CSS customizations
- 2017/06/24 - Updated Joins, Window functions, and Set ops
- 2017/06/21 - First draft released